I recently massed-email a message to the Peninsula Velo Group concerning my senior project help. To my surprise, over 10 guys replied. I also attended their monthly meeting on Tuesday (1-11-11), and I met the head coach who was a national cyclocross champion for a five times, and he's also the head coach for the Peninsula Velo racing team. I asked him if he could help me and my classmate, Kenneth (who is doing a related project to mine), by being our mentor and helping us get connected to the charity/ community service aspect of cycling. With all the coaching going on and everything, it seems he was a bit busy.
However another member emailed me about a local charity event called the Beat the Clock to help beat cancer Time Trials, and said that he can really help me out since he knows the host, who is a Cancer survivor, personally. It sounded really exciting to me, especially since I have no idea how to do a Time Trial.
I think if this member gets back to me, I will proceed with this, since I've always wanted to do a Time Trial (especially since this is a good cause). I also want to meet the cancer survivor and hopefully get my volunteer hours by helping out at the events.
No comments:
Post a Comment