I've taken some time to reflect on what I have been doing. Ever since I started the physical portion of the Senior Project, I have met tons of new people, my social skills with adults have improved (I have never talked to so many adults before!), and my overall experience has been great.
My whole senior project is pretty much learning how to ride a bike, all over again. It's like retrofitting it to the demands that racing demands. But, I'm not doing this for glory or fame, or even prize money, I'm doing this to improve my overall fitness, making me a better person, to improve my social skills, also making me a better person, and to be exposed to the many charity events that is cycling related.
Obviously, someone who "just rides their bike" can't just complete a 100-Mile bike ride for Cancer Awareness, they need to go through steps and get better and better each time. Like my mentor says, the body has to adapt slowly or else it will be confused if you go too hard at some point, that it is not used to.
My focus for the non-profit organization is the BTC TT team, which goes directly to the Livestrong foundation, Lance Armstrong's foundation for raising money and awareness for cancer. (He won the Tour de France, a popular bike race in Europe, 7 times AFTER surviving cancer.)
By learning how to race on a bike, I will develop multiple skills that will aid me in the future when I participate in multiple charity rides. For now, I'm focusing on one event to see how it all works and to experience the inspiration around it.
No comments:
Post a Comment